- 6 LB – Salmon Filets, about 2 sides (scaled and deboned)
- 4 TB – Mustard
- 1 Cup - Seasoning
- Pat the salmon dry with paper towel.
- Slather each filet with 2 TB of mustard.
- Season salmon generously with your choice of seasoning.
- Allow salmon to rest at room temperature while smoker preheats.
- Line smoker drip tray with new aluminum foil.
- Preheat smoker to 180F on smoke mode with dampers 2/3 closed.
- Place the salmon on racks, skin side down, and place in the smoker.
- Insert a meat probe to monitor temperature.
- Run for 1 hour.
- Fill pan ¾ full with sawdust and dampen thoroughly with water. Form mixture into a funnel shape and place on the heating element.
- Smoke until internal temperature reaches 145F (2-3 hours).
- Pull and rest for 10 minutes before serving or cooling completely.
Recipe Blog, Salmon, seafood, Smoked Salmon